Whether it’s a drug store or department store, there’s always a wide range of face moisturizers to choose from. Yes, it can get very overwhelming, from the price ranges to the many ingredients touted in each brand. Since I cannot volunteer myself to go shopping with each and everyone of you, I have a better idea! Here are three ingredients you should always, always, always avoid when shopping for a face moisturizer.
- Shea Butter – rich in fatty acids and vitamins like A, E and F; but, because it’s very thick, it’s better to use on the body and NOT the face.
- Lanolin Oil – prone to aggravating acne.
- Mineral Oil – creates a film on the skin which can trick your skin into thinking it’s actually hydrated. It’s also thick and clogs pores which may lead to breakouts.
Here are a few brands without these ingredients!
- Anthony Logistics – Oil Free Facial Lotion & w/SPF 15
- Lab Series – Instant Moisture Gel
- Jack Black – Double Duty Face moisturizer SPF 20
- Dermalogica - Active Moist
*Source: New Beauty Magazine