Taking care of your skin is one of the most important aspects of beauty. Well-maintained skin is flexible and healthy. If your skin is tugged and dry, it will crack and this will cause wrinkles in the long run. Good-looking skin is hydrated and having hydrated skin can be easily achieved if you moisturize it on a regular basis.
A good skin is clear, elastic and moist. Drinking a lot of water is definitely a good way to go if you want your skin to be young and elastic. Water protects and preserves your skin. However, there are many products on the market that do a great job at moisturizing your skin, such as Biotherm or others, that offer men’s face care products for all types of skin and for both day and night.
It is really up to you to discover which products work best with your skin type and what rituals you need to do to get a good skin, but there are a few things everyone should know about moisturizing. These are:
What moisturizers are and how they work
1. Moisturizes generally do not add moisture to your skin, but they do keep your skin’s natural moisture. Moisturizes basically help your skin act like a better barrier against all the things it needs to deal with on a daily basis.
2. A big reason why you should use moisturizers is because most creams contain ingredients that help your skin act better, they protect your skin from dust, dirt and other undesired things and prevent it from losing its important components that keep it elastic and fresh.
3. A well-chosen skin moisturizer can enhance your skin’s function and therefore your skin will not only look but act younger as well.
4. Many skin creams contain important vitamins such as A, C or E and plant extracts such as green tea, grape seeds or aloe extracts. In order for your body to function properly, you need to have the right amounts of vitamins and other substances in your body, so make sure that your skin cream or gel is complementing your diet well.
5. Skin moisturizers can repair your skin, as many contain skin-identical ingredients. This is really important; as many people who start getting wrinkles and dry skin think that once you started having these issues, they can’t be mended. There is no wrong time to start taking care of your skin, and depending the treatment you undergo, you can see great results in short time spans.
6. Most face moisturizers contain, or, better said, should contain sunscreen. It is important to look for a cream that can also protect your skin from the sun and that features a SPF (Sun Protection Factor) of at least 30.
When to moisturize
Skin moisturizers for men and women differ, as men and women have different types of skin by nature
7. Most people recommend putting skin moisturizers at night and there really is some science to that. During the night, our bodies lose a lot of water, so wearing a good product will ensure you that your body does not lose too much water. Moreover, at night the human body automatically goes into “repair mode”, so a good cream containing the right ingredients will sure help the repair process.
8. There are no precise indications as to when and how you should moisturize your skin. However, generally your skin type should be an important factor. People with dry skin should probably moisturize more often than people with regular or rather oily skin.
9. The best times to moisturize your skin are generally after you shave, exfoliate or bathe. Shaving and exfoliating normally lead to the removal of dead skin cells but they can also strip your face from some of its natural and essential oils. A moisturizer can definitely help normalize your skin. If you want to apply moisturizer after you bathe, when you are finished with the bath, pat your body with the towel instead for rubbing it. A few minutes after, slather the moisturizer and let it capture the water that is still on your skin. Doing this will keep your body hydrated for a longer time.
10. Some occasions require more moisturizing than others. For example, during the winter it might be necessary to moisturize your skin more often, but we recommend that you see first how your skin reacts to the weather and decide afterwards what the new plan is. Other occasions or settings can make your skin dry out faster than you would expect. For example, humidity in airplanes is generally low, so your skin can dry out faster than it usually does. If you have a long flight ahead, apply an intense moisturizer the night before the day of your travel, as this will result in the best outcomes for your skin. Other activities such as swimming can cause your skin to dry faster than normal, so you should always make sure you check how your skin reacts after a swim, especially if you find yourself in the pool quite often.
Moisturizing your skin on a regular basis will lead to a healthy-looking, silky, smooth appearance. Men should benefit from all the advantages of moisturizes just as much as women. Because men shave their skin needs more attention than you might expect. Make sure that your moisturizer is the right one for you and that it fits your needs, possibilities and lifestyle!
Fraquoh and Franchomme
P.S. How do you hydrate your skin? Share your thoughts, questions or feedback on the article in the comments below! For more style advice and fashion tips, you can subscribe to Attire Club via e-mail on the right of your screen or follow us on Facebook or Twitter!