Shaving 101 - The shortest class you’ll EVER take!
Prep: Moisture is Key
- Make sure that your face is wet and moist to the touch as this opens pores and softens hair in preparation for shaving.
- Capture that moisture with your favorite pre-shave oil, which also protects the skin from the blade.
- Follow with a moisture rich shaving cream, preferably a lightly scented brand as heavily scented products can sometimes irritate sensitive skin.
Shave: Keep a Light Hand
- Note the direction of hair growth in the areas you will shave (cheeks, chin, upper lip, etc.).
- Your first shave pass should always be short strokes with the grain of the hair growth.
- For areas that require additional attention, take a second pass across the grain, not against.
Refresh: The Final Touch
- Follow your shave with a cool splash of water to close pores and cool your face.
- Apply a lightly scented after-shave. It promotes healing and re-moisturizing of the skin; and again, stay away from heavily scented products that will dry and irritate the skin.
***For those who prefer the visual approach. Click here!