I will post an official ‘Get The Look’ post later this week but you can quickly shop this look above if you cant wait..now lets continue with the storm stuff.
I googled How To Prepare for a blizzard and all hell broke loose. Each news outlet had written their own survival guide pointing out what to skip out on, when are the best times to go to the supermarket etc etc. Obviously what came up were NO BRAINERS..water, flashlights and canned foods. Blizzards like this don’t make it to us every year so I just had to check and see what the fuss was about and if it was really that serious. I found out it would be the worst blizzard we had in a long time, great!
I chose a list from Ibtimes.com. Which I pretty much edited to my own wants/needs. Heres a list of essentials that I that I wouldnt mind being snowed in with. It mostly includes Netflix and food. Please note that these are definitely #1stWorldProblems.
High-energy foods like dried fruit, canned products and items that do not need to be refrigerated(Pizza, Pizza, Pizza)
- Manual can opener
- Bottled water (best in water solutions here I stand by SOMA)
- Flashlight and extra batteries (use the flashlight on your phone, dont know how? look here and also a mophie for that extra battery, or I can use this bright jacket to help me out)
- Heating fuel (not editing that)
- Matches and candles (blizzard or not im usually burning a Baxter candle)
Smoke detector and fire extinguisher(umm I guess)
- First-aid supplies (not editing that)
Portable radioMophie (at least youll have an extra charge..maybe 2! here)
Extra blanketsHeat Tech from Uniqlo. If you dont know, now you know!
Books, puzzles, games and magazines (to keep occupied)Netflix or Apple TV or for books try this one
There you have it! My edited list and also an OOTD of what Id be wearing if I ever get to leave the house again. Comment your thoughts on the blizzard below!
Photos: Alejandro Lopez at AdentroStyle.com