LA Frock Star
Jacket: Members Only
Jeans: 7 for all Mankind
“Vintage is at least one generation old”, according to Doris Raymond on her new tv show, LA Frock Stars. For today’s outfit I’m using her vintage definition and 7 Pearls Of Wisdom That Will Turn You Into A Vintage Fashion Aficionado, t o focus on putting together a modern menswear look with a vintage flare. To pull this look off, I used my thrifted Member’s only jacket as my “one generation old piece”, and converse to add authenticity. Together they create a piece of inspiration on how to take from the past and resurface in the present. I also learned the 7 tips (shared below) to properly shop any flea market or vintage clothing show and score quality vintage finds:
- The early bird gets the vintage.
- Feel free to ask questions.
- Think smart and look at things with a wise eye.
- Always buy an item because you love it for what it is.
- Zippers can provide insight about the age and quality of garment.
- Seams and inside construction help to determines a garment’s age and quality.
- Know your fabrics.
Happy vintage shopping!