Men like pasta; we like ham and cheese, and if the vegetable doesn’t ruin the flavor, we’ll give it a thumbs up. Today, we have a healthy, 30-minute man recipe that will make a good post workout meal, impress your girlfriend, and is only slightly more difficult than heating a bowl of Chef Boyardee.
Here’s what you’re going to need:
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas (one can of peas works too)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup fontina cheese, grated
- 3 ounces deli ham, diced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta. After six minutes, add in the peas, and cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until the pasta is firm (yet soft enough to eat). In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, evaporated milk, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Drain excess water from the pasta and peas; wipe the pot dry, and dump everything back in the pot. Add the butter, and give it a stir. Add the cheddar, mozzarella, fontina and egg mixture. Place the pot back on medium-low heat, toss in the diced ham, and cook until the sauce thickens (about 8 to 10 minutes). Get yourself a beer while you wait. Remove the pot from the heat, and stir in the parmesan for added flavor. Serve on a plate if a lady is present. Otherwise, just eat it straight out of the pot!