Interview with David Casavant
by Guest Editor Raun LaRose
David Casavant‘s collections can be seen just about everywhere these days and after seeing Kayne West rocking the coveted Raf Simons A/W 01 camo bomber we were more curious then ever to know the man behind the archives. We sat down with the 24 yr old Tennessee native to get a closer look inside the David Casavant Archive.
1. How did you get involved in the Archive/Collecting business ?
I started collecting when I was 14. I became interested in fashion, started going to vintage stores, which evolved me to looking at style.com, and then getting to Raf.
2. What are some of the brands you carry?
Helmut Lang, Dior Homme, Yohji Yamamoto, Prada, Craig Green, Gucci by Tom Ford, Comme des Garcons, Versace, Miu Miu, Calvin Klein Collection, Jil Sander, lots of vintage, especially military.
3. Your pieces have been seen on many artists from Kanye West, Rihanna, Travis Scott and Lorde to name a few. How’d those connections come about?
It came about because I’ve been working and assisting in the fashion industry. It was just by people I’ve worked with or friends referring me to their stylists.
4. What are your three favorite pieces from the collection?
Raf Simons AW04 Scubasuit, Raf Simons AW 03 Dazzle ships hoodie, Helmut Lang AW99 Jacket
5. Tell me what was the last 3 songs you’ve listened to?
Alicia Keys You Don’t Know My Name
Lorde Buzzcut Season
Keyshia Cole Erotic
Photos Domink Halas