At a point when dressing you've asked yourself about matching your ties with your shirts or socks with your pants and other assorted questions at some point in your live. Every man wants to look different and create his own fashion statement. We all want to pointed out as the most fashionable man in our workplace. Here are some important men's fashion tips to live by which should at least clear up some confusion about a few things.
1. Match your belt with your shoes. This is a good rule to follow and it keeps things simple.This rule applies more to a formal wear, It's best to stay with traditional/neutral colors such a black, dark brown or a rich tan. Other colors will be difficult to match, and generally speaking, should be avoided. If you wear sneakers and jeans everyday try make it casual using fabric belts or something equally casual, but please avoid dress belts with jeans and sneakers. If you wear suspenders, just don't wear a belt and suspenders together, it's one or the other.
2. Matching Ties and Shirts. Matching your solid coloured tie with your shirt of similar or same colour is now an outdated look. Try mix up and experiment with colours. Ties are great way to express yourself so keep it tasteful to your best bet. Experiment with diagonal stripes, modern polka-dots, plaids and subtle patterns. Just make sure your tie compliments your shirt, suit, sweater or whatever you will be wearing it with. I think you should know that there are many different ways to knot your tie, and different knots say different things. Go for whatever style that strikes and enhance your look.
3. Jacket Sleeve. Paying attention to little details like an inch or less of your shirt cuff peeping out of jacket sleeve is a good sign of tailoring and someone who knows how to wear his clothes properly. This seems like a minor issue but minor details in men’s wear are always the most important if you want to look your best.
4. Pant Length. There is no general rule on how long your pant length should be but it is something a young fashion conscious man to consider. It depends on the kind of message you want to send out, all you need to do is give your pant the proper ‘break’. No break is my ideal style, refers to cuff barely resting on the shoes, looks best on slim fitted pants. It all boils down to your personal style and preference but for a modern man look, quarter or no break should be your ideal style.
5. Denim-Denim Combination. The rules on jeans is never double up on denim but the old rules of dressing no longer apply to everyone. All you just need to do when mixing up denims is to keep a contrast by mixing up washes, shades or colour. Extremely dark wash jeans and a faded denim jacket or shirt is a good example.
6. Socks. To the fashion conscious men, am sure you are familiar with the ‘Match socks with pants rule’ which i don’t really buy although perfect for the professional setting or formal event. It just doesn't work for all casuals. Fashionable men now wear an entire sock colour or similar shade of socks with their pants, it’s a way of looking different from other fashion conscious men in the room. It all depends on how you pull it. You can try socks with patterns such as stripes in various colours... and no holes in your socks.
7. Watches are the single most important accessory a man can own. I really suggest you buy a nice, stylish watch that suits your lifestyle and taste. However, if you are someone who likes to own more than one watch, wear the appropriate timepiece for your outfit or occasion. I will advise you go for quality leather or chain strap watches,try to stay away from rubber strap watch unless you are on an exercise routine. The face of your wrist watch is equally important when dressing for an occasion, big headed watches won’t work for a formal outfit. Restrict it to your weekend get aways.
8. Sunglasses are one of the few ways you can really express yourself. They don't have to just serve a function, but can enhance your overall look. Do your best to find a pair of glasses that not only compliments the shape of your face, but also expresses your personality. Ask people who wear glasses for a place where you can get good advice about what shape and style looks best for your face shape and features. And please no sunglasses indoor.
If you have more tips, please do let me know through the comment box below.
- Fashion Tips - Men's Fashion
- Men's Fashion Tips - 4 Colors To Wear This Spring
- Men's Fashion Advice - Embracing the Newest Trends In Military Style Clothing
- Men's Fashion Going Feminine?
- Men's Wardrobe Staples