Whether you’re headed to the beach or just down to the pool, you’ll want to be prepared. Here are seven must-have items for you summer beach/pool adventures.
1. Beach towel. Whether to put down on the sand or a poolside lounge chair, you’ll want a towel that’s big enough and that feels like it belongs. I like a blue cabana stripe beach towel. It’s so classic looking and always reminds me of the French or Italian riviera or a boutique hotel on a tropical island.
2. Swim trunks. The most important consideration when choosing a pair of swim trunks is length. Unless you’re a surfer and live the lifestyle, stay away from board shorts. And unless you’re very slim or European, stay away from super short and small stretch trunks. A four-inch inseam is my favorite length for its classic look without being too short. The Ibiza collection from 2(X)ist is a great option.
3. Sunblock. Seems like a no-brainer, but easy to overlook. There are many choices out there and I’ve used several, but I have to say that if you’re heading to the beach or the pool, Hawaiian Tropic is my favorite. It just smells like the beach! Also, don’t forget to check out our guide for summer skin care.
4. Water. Spending any time in the sun at all means that you need to stay hydrated. Be sure to pack an ample supply of water.
5. Hat. A hat helps keep the sun off of your face and, of course, adds a great touch of style. A light-colored straw number is the way to go.
6. Sunglasses. If you’ve ever forgotten your sunglasses on a sunny day, you know how uncomfortable the sun can be. With sunglasses, it’s all about the glass. And polarized is tops.
7. Bag. Finally, don’t forget a bag for carrying all of your beach essentials. Make sure it’s rugged and durable. Canvas, straw, mesh, and even woven plastic are all great options.
Shop: Vans beach tote
Thanks, as always, for reading.
He Spoke Style
The post 7 Beach/Pool Essentials first appeared on the men's style blog He Spoke Style - Men's Style, Fashion, Grooming, Tips and Advice